Tuesday, May 21
2:00pm – 3:30pm
The School of Business will host a Graduation Convocation Ceremony on Tuesday, May 21st at 2:00 pm on Sprague Field. While the University Commencement on May 24th signifies the official conferral of degrees, the School of Business Convocation is a pre-commencement ceremony celebrating our students' achievements. However, seating is limited and tickets are required for the School of Business Convocation.
Candidates who will complete their degree requirements by the end of the spring 2013 semester and who, after filing for a final audit are on the May 2013 graduation list are eligible to participate in the Convocation and/or Commencement exercises. Those whose degrees were conferred in August 2012 or January 2013 also are eligible to participate. Please note MBA Degree candidates attend the Graduate School Convocation on Monday, May 20th at 7:00 p.m. For more information visit, www.montclair.edu/graduate/convocation
If you have questions concerning academic issues relative to your degree or final audit, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 973-655-4376 or visit www.montclair.edu/registrar. All other Convocation questions may be directed to the Dean's Office, Partridge Hall 454 (973-655-4303).
Students participating in the School of Business Convocation ceremony are required to wear your academic robe and stole, but not your cap and tassel, which are reserved for the Commencement Ceremony. Academic Regalia may be purchased at the University Bookstore during regular store hours beginning Thursday, May 9th, and continuing through Thursday, May 23rd. Bachelor's robes are $63.00. Eligible bachelor degree candidates must purchase their regalia in person and will be required to present a valid student I.D. or driver's license at the time of purchase. All purchases of academic attire are non refundable.
Location & Time
Convocation will take place on Sprague Field at 2:00 pm. Sprague Field is not covered so guests should dress according to the weather. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be delayed or postponed to Wednesday, May 22 (Time TBD). Please call the MSU weather hotline at 973.655.7810 or log on to www.montclair.edu for up to the minute weather cancellation information.
Seating is limited, and tickets will be required for your guests. To reserve your guest tickets, you must use the RSVP System beginning in April (TBD). You will find the online RSVP system at www.montclair.edu/rsvp.
When you register, you will be guaranteed four (4) guests tickets for the School of Business Convocation ceremony. You will also have the option to request (not guaranteed) extra tickets for your guests to attend. Please note that guest tickets will only be issued to students that register for Convocation.
Tickets will be available for pickup beginning Monday, May 13 in Partridge Hall room 454 (4th Floor) according to the following schedule:
|May 13||Monday||8:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|May 14||Tuesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|May 15||Wednesday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|May 16||Thursday||8:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|May 17||Friday||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|May 20||Monday||8:30 am - 7:00 pm|
Please remember to bring your student ID card at the time of pick up.
Check-in and Line-up
- CANDIDATES ARE TO REPORT TO CHECK-IN no later than 1:00 pm. Latecomers will not be able to participate.
- Check-in will take place in Parking Lot #7, adjacent to Sprague Field, across the road from the Red hawk Deck.
- At check-in, candidates will be given an index card with the student’s name, phonetic spelling and program of study.
- School of Business staff will be available for assistance. Guests are not permitted in the check-in or line-up area.
- Candidates will be instructed directly after check-in to line up by your primary concentration.
- The Ceremony is expected to last 1-1/2 hours.
- The Convocation ceremony will begin with a welcoming address by President Susan Cole. A processional of graduating candidates will then be called to the stage (your name will be announced via the index card) to be congratulated personally by the Dean, your department chair and faculty.
- Guests without tickets will not be admitted.
- Entrances onto Sprague Field will be open to guests holding tickets at 1:00 pm. All guests should be seated by 1:45 pm. The Sprague Field entrance will close for 15 minutes at 2:00 pm to accommodate the procession of faculty and candidates, so be sure that your guests arrive prior to that time.
Special Needs Access, Seating and Parking
- Guests requiring disability seating accommodations should enter Sprague Field via Gate 7 (next to the bleachers.) The first 2 rows of the bleachers will be reserved for special accommodations, wheelchairs and less-mobile guests.
- Handicap parking is available in the Red Hawk Deck. A shuttle van will make stops at the Red Hawk Deck and the Gate 7 entrance throughout the duration of the event.
Parking is available for free in all surface lots (except for the President's Circle) and the Red Hawk Deck. Please click www.montclair.edu/map/parking.php for a parking map, including information about parking for guests with special needs. The Red Hawk Shuttle will be running on a regular schedule during Convocations with service to all parking areas. Please note: Parking fees and ticketing will be suspended ONLY on the days of the events. Regular fees apply during regular days/hours.