Let Your Peers Show You the Ropes!
If you’re an incoming freshman or transfer student, the School of Business Peer Mentor Program connects you with successful, experienced junior and senior students who can show you the ropes. Our peer mentors are ready to answer your questions while giving you support, motivation, and encouragement as you begin your School of Business career.
Meet Our Peer Mentors
Contact our mentors for advice and support.
Kirsten Wienchutoni, Student Manager of SBUS Peer Mentors
Business Administration with a concentration in Management
Business Administration with a Concentration in Marketing
Clubs: National Honor Society NSCS through Montclair, SBUS Peer Mentor
Transfer student from Rider University Fall 2012
MSU Undergraduate - Magna Cum Laude in
Clubs & Organizations: Graduate Assistant for the Accounting Department, Accounting Society, SBUS Peer Mentor, CEO Development Program, Delta Xi Delta a Local Greek Organization, NJSCPA
Cynthia G. Retuerto
MBA - Finance and Accounting
Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems
Clubs: Delta Chi Fraternity, Student Assistant for the Information and Operations Management Department, transfer student from Middlesex County College
Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting
Clubs: SBUS Peer Mentor
Become a Peer Mentor and Make a Difference
We’re always on the lookout for students who want to join our Peer Mentor Program.
It’s a great way to become a recognized student leader, enhance your interpersonal skills, and enrich your resume.
If you’re a junior or senior who meets the following Peer Mentor Program criteria, please contact Maureen Branca for more information.
Does this Sound Like You?
- You maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- You show enthusiasm for the Montclair State School of Business
- You maintain a positive, professional, and friendly attitude
- You communicate effectively and get along well with others
- You can commit to the program for at least 2 semesters
- You can attend at least one Open House event per semester (usually held on Sundays or evenings)
- You can attend at least one Transfer Orientation event per semester
Benefits to becoming a Peer mentor:
- Great addition to your resume!
- Build your communication skills!
- Become a recognized student leader!
- Have fun and get to know other School of Business students!