If you have been recently admitted to the MBA Program, the information below will get you started with your graduate experience at Montclair State University. If you have questions or need an advising appointment, please contact our office at 973-655-4306 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to do:
- Identification Cards
- Paying your Term Bill
- Financial Aid
- University Bookstore
- MBA Student Orientation
Other Useful Links:
- Directory Information and Privacy Act
- Continuous Matriculation
- Health Insurance
- Graduate Assistantship
- Disability Resource Center
- Information for International Students
- Taking Care of Yourself
- Graduate Housing
- Academic Policies and Procedures
- Student Handbook
How do I…?
- Change or add an MBA concentration
- Transfer MBA credits
- Postpone Admission
- Apply for enrollment status reclassification
- Apply for an independent study
- Apply for a leave of absence
- Withdraw from a course
- Request a transcript
- Apply for graduation
For a more comprehensive list of forms, please click here.
Change or add an MBA concentration
You may change or add a concentration in your MBA program at any time before filing for Final Audit. To do so, download and complete a Change of Concentration form, and submit it to the MBA Office. It will be reviewed and sent to the Graduate School.
If you have any questions about how this might affect your degree requirements, or would like to discuss the various concentration options, please call the MBA Office, at 973-655-4306 to set up an advising appointment.
You may be able to transfer some credits earned at another accredited institution. Please see the list of possible foundation courses eligible for waivers below:
ACCT 530 – Financial Accounting
FINC 530 – Managerial Finance
INFO 530 – Business Statistics
And the following basic courses in the MBA program:
ECON 501 – Economic Analysis
INFO 501 – Statistical Methods
INFO 503 – Management Information Systems
ACCT 501 – Financial Accounting
FINC 501 – Corporate Financial Management
INFO 505 – Productions and Operations Management
MGMT 505 – Management Processes and Organizational Behavior
MKTG 501 – Marketing Management
To obtain permission to take a course at another institution and transfer the credits into the MBA program, you must:
- Provide a catalog description of the course(s) you wish to take, which must be similar to the MSU course(s) offered at MSU, to the MBA Office, along with
- an Application to Take a Course at Another Institution and Transfer the Credits.
You will not be given retroactive approval for transfer credits.