Pre-decision is a non-degree status that allows you to enroll in courses prior to being formally admitted to the MBA program. If you are interested in beginning your MBA Studies but have not yet completed the application process, you may enroll, if eligible, in up to 6 credits (semester hours) prior to being formally admitted to the MBA program. You may apply for pre-decision status for the Fall and Spring semesters.
To learn about your pre-decision options for any of the semesters or programs discussed here, please (1) read the eligibility requirements below; (2) contact the MBA office at 973-655-4306 or email@example.com and speak to an advisor; (3) follow the submission steps as outlined below:
The eligibility requirements for pre-decision status are:
- An earned bachelor’s degree
- A 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA
- This status is not available to international applicants seeking F-1 (student) visas. Applicants for the MS in Accounting or Post MBA Certificates are not eligible for the Pre-Decision status.
To apply for pre-decision status, you must submit:
- The MSU Online Application for the MBA program, along with transcripts and the non-refundable application fee.
- The Pre-Decision Form. The form is available in the beginning of August for Fall courses, and in the beginning of December for Spring courses.
If you received an undergraduate or graduate degree from a non-U.S. accredited college or university, you must also submit:
- The required course-by-course evaluation of your post-secondary education, from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org).
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores if you do not have an undergraduate or graduate degree from a country where English is the official language. (Scores must be less than 2 years old.)
If you have an undergraduate degree in business and are eligible for waivers of your foundation courses, you may register as a pre-decision student in the first 6 credits of the required cohort classes. Please contact the MBA Office for exact courses and registration.
If you need to complete foundation courses, you may register as a pre-decision student for up to 6 credits from the following list of courses:
- ACCT 530- Financial Accounting in a Business Environment (3 SH)
- ECON 530- Microeconomics for Managers (1.5 SH)
- ECON 531- Macroeconomics for Managers (1.5 SH)
- FINC 530- Managerial Finance (3 SH)
- INFO 530- Introduction to Business Statistics (1.5 SH)
- MKTG 531- Contemporary Marketing (1.5 SH)