Mr. Frank J. Aquilino
Professor | Accounting and Finance | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-3306 Fax:
973-655-7968 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Aquilino is the Acting Chair for the Hospitality and Tourism Department. Since joining the School of Business in 1978, he has taught and developed courses at the graduate and undergraduate level and actively served the School and university in many and various ways, including: spearheading three major revisions of academic programs and departmental self-studies, coordinating the implementation of a Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Accounting and directing the department’s involvement in and contribution to the School’s AACSB accreditation. He has led search and selection committees for Montclair State’s Chief Financial Officer, University Controller and outside auditors, and in 2010, was named Chair of the Business School’s Graduate Performance Review Committee.
Frank has also chaired or hosted a number of conferences, committees and task forces for professional organizations including the New York (NYSSCPA) and New Jersey Societies of Certified Public Accountants, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the American Accounting Association and the National Business Education Association. He sits on the AICPA’s governing council and is past president of NYSSCPA ‘s Staten Island Chapter.
As a practicing Certified Public Accountant and instructor for the Becker and Person/Wolinsky CPA reviews, Frank brings real-time professional experience to his teaching and managerial roles at the Feliciano School of Business. He has been a contributor to The Newspaper of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants and a board member and Treasurer of the Lehman Center for the Performing Arts. Frank received an MBA in Finance and a BA in Accounting from St. John’s University.
Taxation for Individuals
CPA Education and Development
MBA, Finance, 1974, St. Johns University, Queens, New York
BA, Accounting, 1965, St. John's University, Queens, New York
THE AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS.
NEW YORK STATE SOCIETY OF CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANTS.
(1999 - Current).
MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY.
(September 1978 - Current).
MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY.
(September 2014 - June 2017).
(1974 - 1980).
PRUDENTIAL SHIPPING CORPORATION.
(1976 - 1978).
(1974 - 1976).
COOPERS & LYBRAND CPAs.
(January 1967 - December 1971).
FRANK J. AQUILINO CPA,
STATEN ISLAND, NEW YORK.
( - Present).
Sole practitioner on a limited basis, providing services in accounting, auditing and taxation
Honors and Awards
Silver Wheaton Best Paper in Financial Economics , Academy of Business Research.
The impact of money laundering on the US tax system economy and effect on terrorism.
Refereed Published Articles
- Yang, J., Lauricella, L., Aquilino, F. (2019). Abuses and Penalties of a Corporate Tax Inversion. International Journal of Financial Studies, 7 (1), pp. 5-16.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2018). Tax Strategies Under the TCJA - Part II: Changing from a Worldwide to a Territorial Tax System. TAXPRO Journal, Winter 2018 pp. 27-32.
- Romero, S., Jeffers, A., Lin, B., Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2018). Using ESG Ratings to Build a Sustainability Investing Strategy. The CPA Journal, (July 2018), pp. 37-50.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F., (2017). Taking Advantage of a Tax loophole in the High-Tech Product. Practical Tax Strategies, 99 (6), pp. 22-30.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2017). The Problems of Stage Acquisition Under the New Consolidation Accounting Standards. International Journal of Corporate Finance and Accounting, 4 (1), pp. 57-71 (December 2017).
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2017). Worldwide vs. Territorial Tax Systems - Examining the Loopholes. TAXPRO Journal, 24 (3), pp. 31-38.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F., (2017). Measuring the Goodwill and Noncontrolling Interest Under the New Consolidation Accounting Standards. Journal Financial Reporting and Accounting, 15 (2), pp. 198-207.
- Romero, S., Lin, B., Jeffers, A., Aquilino, F., DeGaetano, L. (2017). Are Sustainability Rankings Consistent Across Rating Agencies?. NYSCPA,
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F., (2017). Update on E-Business Tax. TAXES - The Tax Magazine, a CCH publication, 92 (2), pp. 21-26 (A CCH publication, February 2017).
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2016). Corporate Inversion - The Current Status of Affairs. TAXPRO Journal, pp. Winter 2016, p. 25-33..
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F., (2016). Income Stripping Strategies Between States. Practical Tax Strategies, 97 (5), pp. 201-208.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2016). State Income Tax on "Economic Nexus" of Internet Commerce, a CCH publication. Journal of Internet Law, a CCH publication, pp. 12-21.
- Jeffers, A., Aquilino, F., Naymark, S., Stojkovic, N. (2016). Impact of Corporate Inversions. International Journal of Data Analysis and Information Systems, 8 (1), pp. 19-31.
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2016). The Updated Status of Internet Commerce Tax Law. Journal of Internet Law, a CCH publication, 20 (2), pp. 3-13 (August 2016).
- Yang, J., Aquilino, F. (2016). Corporate Inversion Strategies Versus Anti-Inversion Treasury Regulaltions. TAXES - The Tax Magazine, a CCH publication, 94 (8), pp. 47-53 (August 2016).
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2014). Important Aspects of the New Tax Law - Good News & Bad News. Business Journal for Entrepreneurs, 2014 (2), pp. 1-28.
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2012). Are Tax Incentive Programs Really Beneficial to the Economy?. Publications of New Jersey's Business Faculty, 11 pp. 10.
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2012). Did The Economic Stimulus Act Really Stimulate The Economy?. Academy of Business Research Journal, 1 (2012), pp. 61-74.
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2011). Are Tax Incentive Programs Really Beneficial to the Economy?. Review of Business Research, 11 (3), pp. 33-43.
- Jeffers, A., Romero, S., Aquilino, F. (2018). The Increased Demand for Transparency on ESG Roles and Metrics in Sustainability Investing Strategies. Stockton University, Galloway, NJ: Northeast Business & economics Society 45th Annual Conference Proceedings. Refereed
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A., Romero, S. (2018). The Increased Demand for Transparency on ESG Roles and Metrics in Sustainability Investing Strategies. Florida: American Accounting Association 2018 National Conference. Refereed
- Jeffers, A., Aquilino, F., Naymark, S., Stojkovic, N. (2016). Implications of Corporate Tax Inversions. Montclair, New Jersey 07043: The 14th International Conference of the Society for Global Business & Economic Development. Refereed
- Lin, B., Romero, S., Jeffers, A., DeGaetano, L., Aquilino, F. (2016). Sustainability Rankings - Are they Consistent Across Rating Agencies? (abstract only). : American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Conference. Refereed
- Lin, B., Romero, S., Jeffers, A., Aquilino, F., DeGaetano, L. (2016). Sustainability Rankings - Are They Consistent Across Rating Agencies (Abstract only). Montclair, New Jersey: 14th International Conference of the Society for Global Business & Economic Development (SGBED). Refereed
- Aquilino, F., Jeffers, A. (2012). Impact of the Economic Stimulus Act on Accountants and Auditors.. : 2012 AAA Emerging and Innovative Research Proceedings (Abstract only). Refereed