Dr. Edmond Berisha
Assistant Professor | Economics | Feliciano School of Business
DR. BERISHA, who received his PhD from the Department of Economics at West Virginia University, in May 2017, joined the Department of Economics at the Feliciano School of Business. His research interest includes macroeconomics, monetary policy, and income distribution. Dr. Berisha has published several manuscripts based on his research regarding the relationship between key macroeconomic variables and income distribution in the U.S. Prior to joining Montclair State, he worked as an Assistant Professor of Economics at Fairmont State University, West Virginia, where he taught several economics and finance courses.
Monetary Policy, Income Inequality, Time Series Econometrics.
Ph D, Economics, 2017, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
MA, Economics, 2012, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
BS, Applied Arts and Sciences, 2009, Rochester Institute of Technology - Kosovo, Prishtina, Kosovo
External examiner for a PhD Thesis in Economics,
University of Pretoria in South Africa.
(May 2019 - August 2019).
Assistant Professor of Economics,
Fairmont State University.
(August 2016 - May 2017).
(November 2019 - November 2019).
quoted in the article about the rent control
Harvard Kennedy School.
(September 2019 - September 2019).
Quoted in"Tax cuts for bottom 90% of earners spur job growth, research finds"
(June 2019 - June 2019).
Quoted in "Finishing high school in New Jersey is more important to your paycheck than we thought"
(April 2019 - April 2019).
Quoted in "RENT CONTROL FORUM RENEWS MOVEMENT, BUT ECONOMISTS URGE CAUTION"
(March 2019 - March 2019).
Quoted in "The gap between rich and poor in N.J. keeps getting bigger. See how bad it is in your town."
(February 2019 - February 2019).
Quoted in "Blame (Or Thank) The Fed For Meteoric Wealth Inequality"
Honors and Awards
Summer (2019) Grant Proposal Development Award ($3000) , The ORSP/Montclair State University.
Larry Gould Best Article Award ($500) , Western Social Science Association.
Doctoral Student Research Paper Award ($500) , Economics Department, West Virginia University.
Graduate Assistanship , The Economics Admissions and Financial Awards Committe, West Virginia University.
Hanna Award ($200) , Best Paper Award from Economics Department at Eastern Michigan University.
Aftereffects of Financial Crisis on Wealth Distribution
Monetary Policy Shocks and Income Inequality: Does it matter where you stand in income distribution?
Time-Varying Influence of Household Debt on Inequality in United Kingdom
Refereed Published Articles
- Berisha, E., Gupta, R., Meszaros, J. (2020). The impact of macroeconomic factors on income inequality: Evidence from the BRICS. Economic Modelling, 91 pp. Pages 559-567.
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J. (2020). Macroeconomic determinants of wealth inequality dynamics. Economic Modelling, 89 pp. Pages 153-165.
- Berisha, E., Dubey, R., Meszaros, J., Olson, E. (2020). Trends in Economic Inequality: Are US states growing apart?. Economics Bulletin, 40 (2),
- Berisha, E. (2020). Tax cuts and” middle-class” workers. Economic Analysis and Policy, 65 pp. 276-281.
- Berisha, E. (2019). Effects of unconventional monetary policy across US industries. International Finance,
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J. (2019). Long-Term Rates, Capital Shares, and Income Inequality. Open Economies Review,
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J., Zamanian, Z. (2019). Quantitative Easing and Median Income: A State-Level Analysis. Applied Economics,
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J. (2018). Household Debt, Consumption, and Income Inequality. International Economic Journal, 32 (2),
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J. (2018). Household Debt, Expected Economic Conditions, and Income Inequality. International Journal of Finance & Economics, 23 (3),
- Berisha, E. (2018). Trickle Down? A little bit. Economics Bulletin, (2),
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J., Olson, E. (2018). Income Inequality, Equities, Household Debt, and Interest Rates: Evidence from a Century of Data. Journal of International Money and Finance, 80
- Berisha, E. (2017). Yield spread and the income distribution. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 65 pp. 363-377.
- Berisha, E. (2017). ECB Monetary Policy Actions and the Economic Conditions of a Non-Euro Member: The Case of Croatia. Global Economy Journal, 17 (2),
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J. (2017). Household debt, economic conditions, and income inequality: A state level analysis. The Social Science Journal, 54 (1), pp. 93-101.
- Berisha, E., Meszaros, J., Olson, E. (2015). Income inequality and household debt: a cointegration test. Applied Economics Letters/Taylor&Francis/, 22 (18), pp. 1469-1473.