Dr. Ram S. Dubey
Associate Professor | Economics | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-7778 Fax:
973-655-7629 Email: email@example.com
As an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics, Dr. Ram Sewak Dubey focuses his teaching on the principles of economics, money and banking, intermediate microeconomic analysis, elementary mathematical techniques for economics as well as managerial economics (both for undergraduate and MBA courses).
He has taught both off-campus hybrid course (mix of face to face and online instruction) and traditional on campus face to face courses.
In Spring 2014, he redesigned the syllabus for Elementary Mathematical Techniques for Economics (ECON 317) to be offered as an elective for advanced economics major undergraduate students.
In Spring 2017 he developed the online Managerial Economics ECON 563 for online MBA program.
His research interests include studying intergenerational equity and efficiency in infinite horizon economies, growth theory, and economic dynamics. His publications have appeared in Economic Theory, International Journal of Economic Theory, Journal of Mathematical Economics, Social Choice and Welfare, Mathematical Social Sciences, Economic Theory Bulletin, and Economics Bulletin.
Dr. Dubey received a Ph.D. in economics from Cornell University in 2012. His dissertation study was entitled “Essays on Equity and Efficiency in Infinite horizon economy". He also possesses an M.A. in Economics from Cornell University, an M.Tech. in Water Resource Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and a B. E. in Civil Engineering from University of Roorkee (recently renamed as Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee), India.
Social Choice Theory
Ph D, Economics, 2011, Department of Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
MA, Economics, 2010, Department of Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
M. Tech, Water Resource Engineering, 1990, M. Tech. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India
B. E. Civil Engineering, 1988, B. E. University of Roorkee (renamed as Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee), Roorkee, India
Honors and Awards
Anindya (Bappu) Majumder '98 Memorial Prize for Excellence in Teaching , Department of Economics, Cornell University.
Corruption and the Role of Middlemen joint work with Jyoti Khanna
On Monotone Social Welfare Orders satisfying the Strong Equity Axiom: Construction and Representation joint work with Tapan Mitra
Representable Social Welfare Orders and the Set of Preferred Partitions joint work with Tapan Mitra
Refereed Published Articles
- Berisha, E., Dubey, R., Meszaros, J., Olson, E. (2020). Trends in Economic Inequality: Are US states growing apart?. Economics Bulletin, 40 (2),
- Dubey, R., Kang, M. (2019). Transfer Paradox in a Stable Equilibrium. Economic Theory Bulletin, 7 (2), pp. 259-269.
- Borissov, K., Dubey, R. (2019). Growth with many agents and wages paid ex ante. Economic Modelling,
- Ruscitti, F., Dubey, R. (2016). Monotone comparative statics in general equilibrium. Economics Bulletin, 36 (1), pp. 187-+.
- Borissov, K., Dubey, R. (2015). A characterization of Ramsey equilibrium in a model with limited borrowing. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS, 56 pp. 67-78.
- Becker, R., Borissov, K., Dubey, R. (2015). Ramsey equilibrium with liberal borrowing. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS, 61 pp. 296-304.
- Dubey, R., Mitra, T. (2015). On Social Welfare Functions on Infinite Utility Streams Satisfying Hammond Equity and Weak Pareto Axioms: A Complete Characterization. Economic Theory Bulletin, 3 (2), pp. 169-180.
- Dubey, R., Ruscitti, F. (2015). A Remark on the Continuity of the Walras Correspondence in Pure Exchange Economies. Economic Theory Bulletin, 3 pp. 33-41.
- Banerjee, K., Dubey, R. (2014). Do all constructive strongly monotone inter-temporal orders exhibit impatience?. JOURNAL OF MATHEMATICAL ECONOMICS, 52 pp. 66-69.
- Atal, V., Dubey, R. (2014). Affirmative Action and Empowerment: Friends or Foes?. Economics Bulletin, 34 (2), pp. 1012-1018.
- Dubey, R. (2011). Fleurbaey-Michel Conjecture on Equitable weak Paretian Social Welfare Order. Journal of Mathematical Economics, 47 (4-5), pp. 434--439.
- Dubey, R., Mitra, T. (2011). On Equitable Social Welfare Functions satisfying the Weak Pareto Axiom: A Complete Characterization. International Journal of Economic Theory, 7 (3), pp. 231--250.
Books & Chapters Published
- Banerjee, K., Dubey, R. (2010). Multi-Utility Representation of Social Welfare Orders on Infinite Utility Streams. (pp. 175--180). : Econophysics & Economics of Games, Social Choices and Quantitative Techniques.