Applied Econometrics, Statistics, Income Inequality, Labor Economic
Ph D, Economics, 2018, Graduate Center CUNY, New York, US
MA, Economics, 2017, Graduate Center CUNY, New York, US
MBA, 2012, Sharif University, Tehran, Iran
BS, Material Engineering, 2009, Polytechnic University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
City University of New York.
(September 2014 - June 2018).
Honors and Awards
Doctoral Student Research Grant , Graduate Center CUNY.
Graduate Assistant Teaching Fellowship , Graduate Center CUNY.
Advanced Research Collaborative (ARC) Research Award , Graduate Center CUNY.
Five-Year Graduate Center Fellowship Award , Graduate Center CUNY.
A Comparison Between a Panel Data Regression Framework and the Synthetic Control Method.
A Multinational Comparison of Income Inequality.
Refereed Published Articles
- Gharehgozli, O., Nayebvali, P., Gharehgozli, A., Zamanian, Z. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 on the Economic Output of the US Outbreak’s Epicenter. Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, 4 pp. pages561–573.
- Hadavand, A., Almasi, P., Thomas, S., Gharehgozli, O. (2020). Relevance of Education to Occupation: A New Empirical Approach Based on College Courses. Education Economics,
- Gharehgozli, O., Atal, V. (2020). "Big Mac Affordability" and Real Income Inequality Across Countries. Applied Economics Letters, 27 (16), pp. 1352-1356.
- Gharehgozli, O., Atal, V. (2020). Revisiting the Gender Wage Gap in the United States. Economic Analysis and Policy, 66 pp. 207-216.
- Gharehgozli, O. (2019). A Monte Carlo Analysis of Robustness of the Synthetic Control Method and Dynamic Panel Estimation: A Comparative Case Study of a Policy Intervention.. Journal of Statistical and Econometrics Methods, 9 (1), pp. 67-87.
- Gharehgozli, O. (2017). An Estimation of the Economic Cost of Recent Sanctions on Iran Using the Synthetic Control Method. Economics Letters, 157 (C), pp. 141-144.