Dr. Dong-Kyoon Kim
Associate Professor | Accounting and Finance | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-7450 Fax:
201-655-4456 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Dong-Kyoon Kim is an associate professor of finance and international finance. Dr. Kim has a Ph.D degree from University of South Carolina. Before he joined at Montclair State University, Dr. Kim also had been a faculty at SUNY-Oneonta. Dr. Kim published articles in several good quality of journals, such as Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Multinational Business Review, and Journal of Economics and Finance. Dr. Kim teaches courses in finance, international finance, and international business.
International Financial Management, Investments in Emerging Markets, Corporate governance structure, and corporate bankruptcy.
Ph D, International Finance/Business Administration, 2002, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
MBA, Finance, 1996, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
MS, Monetary Economics, 1991, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
BS, Economics, 1986, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
State University of New York at Oneonta.
(September 2002 - August 2005).
(January 1997 - May 1997).
Tong Yang Securities Co.
(January 1993 - June 1994).
Tong Yang Economic Research Institute.
(March 1991 - December 1992).
Joint US Military Assistant Group in Korea.
(August 1986 - November 1988).
Is the equity issue related to the corporate governance ?
The relationship between a firm's multinationality and earnings forecast
The volatility of oil price and exchange rate and their effects on stock market
Which one is better: Post-performance of firms after private workouts vs. Chapter 11
Refereed Published Articles
- Kim, D. (2017). Foreign ownership, corporate governance structure, and firm value. Journal of Strategic and International Studies, 12 (2), pp. 109 - 112.
- Kim, S., Kim, D. (2016). Mortage Interest Tax Shield and Home Mortgage Refinancing Decision. Universal Journal of Accounting and Finance, 4 (5), pp. 185-190.
- Han, S., Kim, D., Lee, D. (2016). Trade Network and Cutural Distance in Cross-Border Acquisition. Asia Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 45 pp. 916-943.
- Kim, D., Son, M. (2014). The Association between Earnings News and Timing of Annual Earnings Announcement. Global Business & Finance Review, 19 (2), pp. 132-152.
- Baek, H., Kim, D. (2013). Corporate Multinational Flexibility Option and Bankruptcy Resolution. Internationl Review of Management and Business Research, 2 (4), pp. 937-950.
- Chang, K., Kim, D., Yin, H. (2013). Does Globalization Increase Bank Efficiency As Measured By Net Interest Margin?. Journal of International Finance and Economics, 13 (1), pp. 154-166.
- Baek, H., Cho, D., Kim, D. (2012). Multinational Real Options and Hysteresis: Cross-Border Acquisitions, and Hard and Soft Service Industries. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 48 pp. 7-19.
- Kim, D., Son, M., Usmen, N. (2010). Cross-listing and Earnings Management Surrounding SOX. Global Business and Finance Review, 15 (2), pp. 90-107.
- Jung, S., Bae, Y., Kim, D., Kim, J. (2009). The Demand for and Supply of International Business Knowledge. International Journal of Business Research, 7 (1),
- Kim, D., Song, I., Chen, M. (2009). The Influence of Managerial Incentives and a Firm's Multinationality on corporate reorganization. Global Business and Finance Review, 14 (1),
- Kim, D., Kwok, C. (2009). The Influence of Managerial Incentives on the Resolution of Financial Distress. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 32 pp. 61-83.
- Lee, T., Kim, D. (2008). International Equity Parity with Exchange Risk. Journal of Academy of Business and Economics, 8 (3), pp. 156-162.
- Kim, D., Kim, J., Baek, H. (2008). Management Earnings Forecasts and Adverse Selection Costs: Good vs. Bad News Forecast. International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, pp. 37-62.
- Kim, D., Son, M., Zamanian, Z. (2007). Is Managerial Discretion Higher in Multinational Firms?. Global Business and Finance Review, 12 (3), pp. 31-40.
- San Vicente Portes, L., Kim, D. (2007). Foreign Direct Investment and Aggregate Volatility. International Journal of Business Research, 7 (3),
- Kim, D., San Vicente Portes, L. (2007). The Role of International Corporate Diversification on the Probability of Financial Distress. Review of Business Research, 7 (2),
- Portes, L., Kim, D. (2007). Foreign Direct Investment and Aggregate Volatility.. International Journal of Business Research, 7 (3), pp. 202-206.
- Kim, D., Portes, L. (2007). The Role of International Corporate Diversification on the Probability of Financial distress. Review of Business Research, 7 (2), pp. 6.
- Kim, D., Kwok, C., Baek, H. (2007). Managerial Incentives to Diversity and Shareholder Monitoring: Evidence from International Acquisitions. Multinational Business Review, 13 (3), pp. 87-105.
- Kim, D. (2006). Why Do Managers Undertake Bad International Acquisitions?. Journal of International Business and Economics, 5 (1), pp. 60-65.
- Kim, D. (2006). Do Self-Serving Managers Choose Chapter 11 Filing over Out-of-Court Restructuring. Journal of Economics and Finance, 30 (1), pp. 105-114.
- Jung, S., Kim, D. (2006). Overseas Acquisitions: Culture vs. Marketing. Journal of International Business and Economics, 4 (1), pp. 70-74.
- Kim, D. (2004). The Incentive Effects of Executive Stock Options: Evidence from International Acquisitions. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, 14 (2), pp. 187-200.