Dr. Joshua M. Lupinek
Assistant Professor | Hospitality and Tourism | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-3773 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Lupinek has a Ph.D. in Sport Management from the University of Minnesota and a M.A. in Sport Management and Sociology from the University of Connecticut, Storrs. He is currently working on a Marketing Analytics certificate from Penn State University. His research interest includes VR eye tracking research that measures consumer reactions. Before joining The Feliciano School of Business, he served as a tenured Associate Professor of Business Administration at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, where he also was Director of the Sport and Recreation Business Program, and Director of the School of Management Virtual Reality Lab.
Sport Marketing, Sales, Virtual Reality, Social Network Analysis
Other, Marketing Analytics, 2021, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA
Ph D, Sport Marketing, 2015, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
MA, Sport Management & Sociology, 2011, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
BS, Business Administration & Mathematics, 2009, Franklin Pierce University, Rindge, NH
Montclair State University.
(September 2019 - Current).
University of Alaska.
(July 2019 - August 2019).
University of Alaska.
(August 2015 - June 2019).
Concordia University - St. Paul.
(August 2013 - August 2015).
University of Minnesota.
(August 2012 - May 2015).
Honors and Awards
Award of Tenure & Promotion , University of Alaska.
Frozen Four Official , National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Rising Alumni Award , University of Minnesota.
Chancellor’s Innovation in Technology and eLearning (CITE) Fellows Program , University of Alaska eLearning & Distance Education.
Outstanding Student Leadership Award , University of Minnesota.
Graduate Student Teaching Award , University of Minnesota.
Do consumers prefer in-app ordering experiences while streaming virtual reality content? A Buffalo Wilds Wings case study.
Measuring consumer cognitive engagement to virtual reality broadcast sponsorship placement.
MSU FSoB Virtual Reality (VR) Research Lab development (VR eye tracking lab opening Fall 2020).
Refereed Published Articles
- Keiper, M., Carlson, C., White, A., Lupinek, J. (2020). Student perceptions on the benefits of Flipgrid in a hyflex learning environment. Journal of Education for Business, pp. 1-9.
- Warren, C., Lupinek, J. (2019). Choice overload and partial season ticket sales. Journal of Applied Sport Management, 11 (2), pp. 27-37.
- Lupinek, J. (2019). The rookie experience: The initiation of unwritten rule development in men’s ice hockey. Journal of Sport Behavior, 42 (1), pp. 63-90.
- Lupinek, J. (2019). Tracing the ABC’s of brand community. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship, 20 (2), pp. 291-306.
- Dwyer, B., Lupinek, J., Achen, R. (2018). Challenge accepted: Why women play fantasy football. Journal of Sport Management, 32 (4), pp. 376-388.
- Lupinek, J., Chafin, E., Arkell, J. (2017). A Pareto principle analysis of the NHL: Why ice hockey is the ultimate team game. Global Sport Business Journal, 5 (3), pp. 38-51.
- Dwyer, B., Achen, R., Lupinek, J. (2016). Fantasy vs. reality: Exploring the BIRGing and CORFing behavior of fantasy football participants. Sport Marketing Quarterly, 25 (3), pp. 90-102.
- Mudrick, M., Lupinek, J. (2015). Craving the scoop: An examination of highly identified fans’ utilization of subscription based college recruiting networks. Journal of Sports Media, 10 (1), pp. 51-77.
Books & Chapters Published
- Sparks, H., Lupinek, J. (2018). Ch.6 Marketing concepts; Ch.8 E-commerce & social media. (pp. 16-18; 22-25). Seattle, WA: University of Washington Press.