Manveer Mann is an assistant professor of Marketing at Montclair State University. She has over five years of experience in higher education teaching in areas including international business, marketing, and retailing. Before joining Montclair State University, she was an assistant professor at Old Dominion University, Virginia. She received a PhD from Auburn University, Alabama. Her research interests span a number of topics in marketing including consumer behavior, retailing, and ethics. Her research has appeared in several academic journals including Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Business Research, and the International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management. She has presented her research in numerous international and national conferences including Society of Consumer Psychology, Transformative Consumer Research, Academy of Marketing Science, and American Collegiate Retailing Association.
Retailing, Consumer Behavior, International Business
Ph D, Consumer and Design Sciences, 2012, Auburn University, Alabama
MS, Merchandising and International Trade, 2009, University of Georgia, Georgia
BS, Computer Science, 2006, Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab, India
Old Dominion University.
(June 2012 - December 2014).
Honors and Awards
Community Engaged Teaching and Learning Fellowship , Center for Community Engagement, Montclair State University.
Innovation in Teaching Award , Feliciano School of Business, Montclair State University.
Best Paper Award , American Marketing Association & American Collegiate Retailing Association's Triennial Conference.
Best Article of the Year Award , Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education.
Highly Commended Paper, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence , International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management.
Nominated for the Best Paper Award , American Collegiate Retailing Association Annual Conference.
Nominated for Distinguished Dissertation Award , Auburn University.
Elizabeth Anne Cook Memorial Award , Auburn University.
Ethel L. Parker International Fellowship recipient , American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
Outstanding International Graduate Student Award , Auburn University.
Refereed Published Articles
- Limbu, Y., Pham, L., Mann, M. (2020). Corporate social responsibility and hospital brand advocacy: Mediating role of trust and patient-hospital identification and moderating role of hospital type. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, 14 (1), pp. 159-174.
- Byun, S., Long, S., Mann, M. Drivers and Dynamics of Brand Prominence Preferences among the Chinese Little Emperors Residing in the U.S. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management,
- Mann, M., Liu-Thompkins, Y. Shopping Online? The Role of Imagination and Gender. European Journal of Marketing,
- Mann, M., Kwon, W., Byun, S. (2018). Shifting Value Perceptions among Young Urban Indian Consumers: The Role of Need for Distinctiveness and Western Acculturation. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services,
- Enderson, M., Mann, M. (2018). Student Performance in Mathematics: Should we be Concerned? Evidence from a Retail Course. International Journal of Adult Vocational Education and Technology,
- Mann, M. (2017). To Retrench or Invest? Turnaround Strategies during a Recessionary Time. Journal of Business Research, 80
- Mann, M., Enderson, M. (2017). Give Me a Formula Not the Concept! Student Preference to Mathematical Problem Solving. Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 25
- Kwon, W., Englis, B., Mann, M. (2016). Are Third-Party Green-Brown Ratings Believed? The Role of Prior Brand Loyalty and Environmental Concern. Journal of Business Research, 69 (2), pp. 815-822.
- Mann, M., Byun, S., Li, Y. (2015). Realignment Strategies in the U.S. Retail Industry during a Recessionary Time: Dominant Themes, Trends, and Propositions. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 43 (8), pp. 775-792.
- Mann, M., Byun, S., Kim, H., Hoggle, K. (2014). Assessment of Apparel Specialty Retailers' CSR Practices as Communicated on the Web: Problems and Opportunities. Journal of Business Ethics, 122 (4), pp. 599-622.
- Mann, M., Byun, S. (2011). Accessing opportunities in apparel retail sectors in India: Porter’s diamond approach. Journal of Fashion Management and Marketing, 15 (2), pp. 194 - 210.
- Mann, M., Byun, S. (2011). Five Competitive Forces of the Indian Apparel Retail Industry: Emerging Issues and Strategies for Foreign Retailers. Journal of Textile and Apparel, Technology and Management, 7 (2), pp. 2-14.
- Byun, S., Mann, M. (2011). The Influence of Others: The Impact of Perceived Human Crowding on Perceived Competition, Emotions and Hedonic Shopping Values. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 29 (4), pp. 284-297.
- Limbu, Y., Pham, L., Mann, M. (2018). Does corporate social responsibility influence hospital brand advocacy? Mediating role of trust and patient-hospital identification. : Proceedings of the Annual 2018 Society of Marketing Advances Conference. Refereed
- Mann, M., Limbu, Y. (2018). Keeping it real: Do consumers care about supply chain transparency?. : Proceedings of the Annual 2018 Society of Marketing Advances Conference. Refereed
- Chatterjee, P., Mann, M. (2017). Lifestyle versus Financial Constraints of Pet Ownership: Implications For Discretionary Spending Online. : Proceedings of the Annual 2017 Summer AMA Marketing Educators Conference. Refereed
- Mann, M., Liu-Thompkins, Y., Watson, G., Papelis, Y. (2014). A Multidisciplinary Examination of 3D Virtual Shopping Environments: Effects on Consumer Perceptual and Physiological Responses. : Proceedings of the Annual 2014 Academy of Marketing Science. Refereed
- Mann, M., Liu-Thompkins, Y. (2014). Consumption Visions: Augmented Reality and Impulse Buying. : Proceedings of the Annual 2014 Advertising and Consumer Psychology Conference. Refereed
- Jovanovic, V., Mann, M., Katsioloudis, P., Dickerson, D. (2014). Enabling Multidisciplinary Perspective in Student Design Project: Fast Fashion and Sustainable Manufacturing Systems. : Proceedings of the Annual 2014 American Society for Engineering Education Conference. Refereed