Dr. Anish A. Parikh
Assistant Professor | Hospitality and Tourism | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-2108 Email: email@example.com
Dr. Parikh earned his Ph.D in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Purdue University. His research interests focus on the areas technology and foodservice; he has successfully published works in Hospitality Review Journal and Journal of Foodservice Business Research. His teaching experience include food and beverage management and hospitality management.
Foodservice, Hospitality technology, Hospitality, User-generated Reviews
Ph D, Hospitality and Tourism Management, 2013, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
MS, Hospitality and Tourism Management, 2009, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
BA, Hospitality Business, 2003, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI
(August 2007 - June 2013).
(March 2007 - August 2007).
(December 2004 - January 2007).
(March 2004 - October 2004).
Panama City, Panama.
(July 2013 - January 2016).
Consulting at the executive level on various aspects of foodservice operations for a 400M/Year foodservice operation.
Optimization of multi-criteria selection for restaurant locations.
We would like to understand the demand estimation and, in turn, restaurant revenues based on competition, socioeconomic factors, and ease of access to the location, along with other factors
The impact of user-generated reviews on revenues: The Case of Airbnb. This study found this study found that for each additional star an AirBnB listing has, the host is able to charge $28.80 per night more and will also increase their occupancy by one night per month.
Title:"The Relationship between location and perceived restaurant quality." This paper will use location and review data on Yelp.com to establish if location influence the perception of the restaurant to a customer.
Refereed Published Articles
- Parikh, A., Gordon, S. Why Haven’t We Worked Together?: Facilitating Collaborations at the ICHRIE Conference. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research,
- Gordon, S., Parikh, A. (2020). Supporting employee well-being: The case of independent restaurants. Journal of Foodservice Business Research,
- Parikh, A., Behnke, C., Almanza, B., Nelson, D., Vorvoreanu, M. (2017). Comparative Content Analysis of Professional, Semi-Professional and User-Generated Restaurant Review. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 20 (5), pp. 497-511.
- Parikh, A., Behnke, C. (2015). Nutrition Label Formatting: Exploring Customer Perceptions and Behaviors. Journal of Foodservice Business Research, 1 (18), pp. 48-57.
- Parikh, A., Behnke, C., Nelson, D., Almanza, B., Vorvoreanu, M. (2015). A Qualitative Assessment of Yelp.com Users’ Motivations to Submit and Read Restaurant Reviews. Journal of Culinary Science and Technology, 13 (1), pp. 1-18.
- Parikh, A., Behnke, C., Vorvoreanu, M., Almanza, B., Nelson, D. (2014). Motives for Reading and Articulating User-Generated Restaurant Reviews on Yelp.com. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology, 5 (2), pp. 160-172.
- Parikh, A., Nelson, D. (2012). Fat Absorption in Commercial French Fries Depending on Oil Type and Coating. FIU Hospitality Review, 30 (2), pp. 1-13.