Farahmand Rezvani is an associate professor of economics in the Department of Economics, teaching courses in microeconomics, econometrics and MBA level courses such as economic analysis and financial markets and monetary policy. His academic research has focused on economics of crime, economics of offshoring and renewable energy. Dr. Rezvani’s papers have appeared in prestigious journals such as Journal of Mathematical Modeling and proceedings of the International Symposium on Forecasting, Harvard University, Boston.
Dr. Farahmand Rezvani received his Ph.D. degree in economics from Graduate School of the City University of New York, his master from Roosevelt University, Chicago and B.Sc. from Pahlavi University, Shiraz, Iran.
Global Equity Markets
Foreign Trade and Investment
Energy Trends and Opportunities
Ph D, 1983, Graduate School of the City University of NY, New York, New York
MA, 1978, Roosevelt University, Chicago
BS, Economics, 1975, Pahlavi University, Shiraz, Iran
Montclair State University.
(September 1983 - Current).
Professor Bita Kash,
Texas M & A.
( - Present).
Advising as an econometrician for her grant application submitted to AHRQ (NIH affiliate agency) Spring 2008
Honors and Awards
Graduate Fellowship , Graduate School of the City Univeristy of New York.
University Fellowship , Graduate School of the City University of New York.
Graduate Fellowship , Roosevelt University.
"Iran Economy Under Economic Sanctions"<br>This is a paper that I am currently working with Dr. Kamrouz Pirouz (retired professor) who is currently in Iran and helping with data and relevant materials.<br>This paper expected to be ready by Fall 2021
<b>THE IMPACT OF EXCHANGE RATE ON THE TRADE BALANCE: THE CASE OF EMERGING ECONOMIES</b><br>This research paper is coauthored with Dr. Glen Rawlins and the results of the paper will be presented at an international conference and the final outcome of the paper will be submitted for publication in 2022<br><br>
Iran Economy under Sanctions
Is there a U.S. Dollar-Petroleum Price Nexus?
Paper is under revision using updated data. Paper will be presented in an international conference upon completion.
Renewable Energy in New Jersey : 21 Century Energy Challenge
Preliminary results will be presented in a regional conference this year and final version will be presented at an international conference in 2019
Renewable Energy: 21st Century Challenge
This paper submitted to the International Academy of Business and Economics for presentation at IABE conference Florence Italy June 16- 18, 2016
Renewable Energy: State of New Jersey, Will be presented at PEA Conference May 20-22, 2021 at Misericorida University.
The Impact of High Oil Prices on Iranian Economy
Refereed Published Articles
- Rezvani, F., Bonitsis, H., , , , (2016). Is There a U.S. Dollar-Petroleum Price Nexus?. The International Journal of Finance, 27th (3rd),
- Pirouz, K., Rezvani, F. (2014). Performance of Iran's Economy: 2004-2012. Journal of International Business and Economics, 14 (3),
- Rezvani, F., Pirouz, K. (2013). Recent Trends in Income Inequality in the United States. Journal of Business and Educational Leadership, vol. 4 (No. 1),
- Pirouz, K., Rezvani, F. (2012). Evaluating Iranian Economy: 2000-2010. Review of Business Research, 12 (2),
- Pirouz, K., Rezvani, F. (2011). Iran's Regional Economic Alliance: an Evaluation. Journal of International Finance & Economics, 11 (No. 2, 2011),
- Pirouz, K., Rezvani, F. (2008). US offshore outsurcing with reference to India. Review of Business Research,
- Firoz, N., Rezvani, F. (2007). Comparing Interest-Free Banking with Conventional Banking. Ethics & Critical Thinking,
- Pirouz, K., Rezvani, F. (2007). Iran - China Alliance. The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, 11 (1),
- Baytas, A., Leveen, S., Rezvani, F. (2006). A Global Portfolio Allocation Strategy Under Some Practical Constraints. The Business Review, Cambridge, 6 (2), pp. 51-59.
- Rezvani, F. (2006). The U.S., Japan in the Global Semiconductor Industry. Journal of American Academy of Business, 10 (1),
- Rezvani, F., Baytas, A., Leveen, S. (2006). The United States and Japan in the Global Semiconductor Industry. The Journal of American Academy of Business, 9 (2), pp. 44-48.
- Firoz, N., Rezvani, F. (2003). Foreign investment opportunities and customs laws in China's Special Economic Zones'. International Journal of Marketing, 20
- Rezvani, F. (2002). Why are Crime Rates Going Down? Case of New York City. Journal of Development Alternatives and Area Studies, 21 (3 & 4),
- Meziani, A., Rezvani, F. (1990). Using the AHP to Select a Financing Instrument for a Foreign Investment. Journal of Mathematical Modeling, pp. 77-82.
- Rezvani, F., Pirouz, K. (2011). Executive Pay: Are U.S. Executive Compensations Justifiable: A Critical Examination. : Review of Business Research. Refereed
- Rezvani, F., Bonitsis, H. (2010). Is There a U.S. Dollar – Petroleum Price Nexus?. : Northeast Business and Economics Association.