Dr. Yunsen Wang
Assistant Professor | Accounting and Finance | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-7688 Email: email@example.com
DR. WANG, who received his Ph.D. from the Department of Accounting and Information Systems at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey in May 2018. His research focused on designing accounting information systems and evaluating emerging techniques for audit analytics, including blockchain, deep learning, process mining, and RPA. Dr. Wang has taught many different courses, including Data Analytics in Accounting, Audit Analytics, Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, Cost Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, and ERP Sandbox Operation Simulation. Dr. Wang received the Best Paper Award at Strategic and Emerging Technologies workshop at the annual American Accounting Association meeting in 2017, First Prize in the Teaching Award Competition, and Outstanding Educator Award in 2019.
Ph D, Accounting Information Systems, 2018, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey
MS, Financial Engineering, 2016, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, Chengdu, China
BS, Finance, 2013, Central South University, Changsha, China
Zi Yuan Dian Corp.,
(June 2019 - October 2020).
Senior manager of business intelligence
SWUFE - Hezong Ltd. Data Analytics Research Center,
(March 2019 - June 2019).
Director of SWUFE - Hezong Ltd. Data Analytics Research Center
Honors and Awards
Montclair FY2022 Separately Budgeted Research Award , Montclair State University.
Bright Idea Award , Stillman School of Business at Seton Hall University.
Outstanding Educator Award , School of Accounting, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
Outstanding Faculty Award , Department of Auditing, Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
First Prize in 8th Excellence in Teaching Award Competition , Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
Advisor of Excellent Undergraduate Thesis , Southwestern University of Finance and Economics.
Best Paper Award , Strategic and Emerging Technologies workshop, AAA 2017 Annual Meeting.
Dean’s Fund for Summer Research , Rutgers Business School.
Summer Research Fund , RARC/CAR-Lab, Rutgers University.
Refereed Published Articles
- Chiu, S., Wu, H., Yeh, T., Wang, Y. (2021). Solving a hybrid batch production problem with unreliable equipment and quality reassurance. International Journal of Industrial Engineering Computations, 12 (3), pp. 235-248.
- Chiu, V., Chiu, T., Wang, T., Wang, Y. Teaching Business Transaction Cycles Using a Hands-on Activities Approach. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting,
- Chiu, T., Chiu, V., Wang, T., Wang, Y. Using Textual Analysis to Detect Initial Coin Offering Frauds. Journal of Forensic Accounting Research,
- Chiu, Y., Wang, Y., Chou, C., Chiu, T. (2020). A two-stage multiproduct EMQ-based model with delayed differentiation and overtime option for common part’s fabrication. Journal of Applied Research and Technology, 18 (5),
- Chiu, T., Wang, Y., Vasarhelyi, M. (2020). The automation of financial statement fraud detection: a framework using process mining. Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting, 108
- Wang, Y., Chiu, T., Wang, T., Debreceny, R. (2020). A Classroom Exercise on Building Auditors' Interview Skills. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, 17 (2), pp. 93-101.
- Wang, Y., Kogan, A. (2020). Cloud-Based In-Memory Columnar Database Architecture for Continuous Audit Analytics. Journal of Information Systems, 34 (2), pp. 87-107.
- Wang, Y., Chiu, T., Chiu, V. (2020). Redesigning Business Process to Comply with the New Revenue Recognition Standard Using Process Mining. Journal of Emerging Technologies in Accounting, 17 (1), pp. 149-163.
- Ding, K., Peng, X., Wang, Y. (2019). A Machine Learning-Based Peer Selection Method with Financial Ratios. Accounting Horizons, 33 (3), pp. 75-87.
- Wang, Y., Kogan, A. (2018). Designing confidentiality-preserving Blockchain-based transaction processing systems. International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 30 pp. 1-18.
- Dai, J., Wang, Y., Vasarhelyi, M. (2017). Blockchain: an emerging solution for fraud prevention. The CPA Journal, 87 (6), pp. 12--14.