Dr. Zhu Zhu
Assistant Professor | Management | Feliciano School of Business
Telephone: 973-655-3255 Fax:
973-655-7678 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zhu Zhu (PhD, CUNY-Baruch) is an Assistant Professor of Strategy at Feliciano School of Business, Montclair State University. Her research interests revolve around applying network theory and relational perspectives to corporate governance, especially in the context of international management. She has six years of industry experience in promoting international cultural exchange with a focus on contemporary and postmodern fine art.
Corporate governance, Board interlock, Network theory, International business, Business ethics
Ph D, Business - Strategic Management, 2016, Zicklin School of Business - Baruch College, CUNY, One Bernard Baruch Way, New York, NY 10010
MS, Business - Management, 2012, Zicklin School of Business - Baruch College, CUNY, One Bernard Baruch Way, New York, NY 10010
BA, Economics, Anthropology, 2010, Macaulay Honors College - CUNY
Honors and Awards
John A. Elliott Teaching Award , Zicklin School of Business.
Hortense Powdermaker Award , Queens College, City University of New York.
Young Scientist Honoree , Queens College, City University of New York.
Refereed Published Articles
- Sun, S., Zhang, Y., Zhu, Z. (2021). Turning Disruption into Growth Opportunity: The Red Team Strategy. Journal of Business Strategy,
- Rigolizzo, M., Zhu, Z., Cruz, A. The Influence of Past Situations on Present Behaviors: How School Life Predicts Managerial Learning. Journal of Workplace Learning,
- Jung, Y., Zhu, Z., Nguyen, H. (2021). Revisiting Foreign Market Entry Motivations: The Case of Korean Commercial Banks. Cross Cultural & Strategic Management,
- Lu, F., Zhu, Z., He, X. (2021). Aspirations of Chinese Families-in-Business: Development of a Reliable Measurement Instrument. Journal of Family Business Strategy,
- Rigolizzo, M., Zhu, Z. (2021). The Ebb and Flow of Learning Motivation: The Differentiated Impact of the Implicit Theory of Intelligence on Learning Behaviors. Human Resource Development Quarterly,
- Nguyen, H., Zhu, Z., Jung, Y., Kim, D. (2021). Determinants of M&A Acquisition Premium: A Social Capital Perspective. Competitiveness Review,
- Lu, F., Kwan, H., Zhu, Z. (2020). The Effects of Family Firm CEO Traditionality on Successor Choice: The Moderating Role of Socioemotional Wealth. Family Business Review,
- Kessler, S., Lucianetti, L., Pindek, S., Zhu, Z., Spector, P. (2020). Job satisfaction and firm performance: Can employees’ job satisfaction change the trajectory of a firm’s performance?. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 50 (10), pp. 563-572.
- Wu, T., Zhu, Z. (2020). The chief project ofﬁcer: a new executive role for turbulent times. Journal of Business Strategy,
- Zhu, Z., Lu, F. (2020). Family Ownership and Corporate Environmental Responsibility: The Contingent Effect of Venture Capital and Institutional Environment. Journal of Risk and Financial Management, 13 (110), pp. 18.
- Rigolizzo, M., Zhu, Z. (2020). Motivating Reflection Habits and Raising Employee Awareness of Learning. Evidence-based HRM, 8 (2), pp. 161-175.
- Zhou, W., Zhu, Z., Vredenburgh, D. (2020). Emotional Intelligence, Psychological Safety, and Team Decision Making. Team Performance Management, 26 (1/2), pp. 123-141.
- Aytug, Z., Rothstein, H., Kern, M., Zhu, Z. (2017). Is There Social Consensus Regarding Researcher Conflicts of Interest?. Ethics & Behavior,
- Shi, W., Sun, S., Yan, D., Zhu, Z. (2017). Institutional Fragility and Outward Foreign Direct Investment from China. Journal of International Business Studies, 48 (4), pp. 452-476.
- Chugh, D., Kern, M., Zhu, Z., Lee, S. (2014). Withstanding Moral Disengagement: Attachment Security as an Ethical Intervention. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 51 pp. 88-93.
- Kopelman, R., Chiou, A., Lipani, L., Zhu, Z. (2012). Interpreting the Success of Zappos, Four Seasons, and Nordstrom: Customer Centricity is but One-Third of the Job. Global Business and Organizational Excellence, 31 (5), pp. 20-35.
- Rigolizzo, M., Zhu, Z. (2021). Leading Employee Learning. : Academy of Management Proceedings. Refereed
- Rigolizzo, M., Zhu, Z. (2021). The Ebb and Flow of Learning Motivation. : Academy of Management Proceedings. Refereed
- Wang, L., Zhu, Z. (2020). Venture Capital Syndication Power Source Mismatch on the Growth Performance of Later Stage Venture. : Academy of Management Proceedings. Refereed
- Zhu, Z., Lyu, F., Zhu, L. (2019). When Do Politically Connected Firms Use Their Cash on Innovation? The Contingent Effect of China’s Anti-Corruption Policy. : Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings. Refereed
- Zhu, Z. (2018). Board-Performance Linkage Revisited: A Relational Pluralistic Perspective. : Eastern Academy of Management Conference Proceedings. Refereed