Costs and fees
The cost to participate in the International Attraction and Tourism Program is $6,500. This includes:
- Transportation to and from the airport to MSU.
- 3 or 4 star hotel accommodations for the NY/NJ component of the program.
- Health insurance for the entire length of the program.
- Most meals while in the NY/NJ area: all breakfasts, lunches and dinners on class days, and some other meals on trip days.
- Bus transportation and all admission costs associated with the NY Experience component of the trip.
- Tuition and fees for 12 credits from MSU. All charges associated with courses taught by MSU faculty are included in the program fee. There are some small charges for course materials for classes taught at Disney.
- Transportation to and from work sites at Disney.
- Plane transportation from the NJ/NY area to Orlando, Florida.
Costs covered by the students
- Living Expenses – While working at the Walt Disney World Resort, housing costs are deducted weekly from the student’s paycheck and a one-time housing assessment fee is collected upon acceptance of an offer. Meals and entertainment expenses are also the responsibility of the student.
- Airfare to and from China.
- Some meals during field experiences.
- Some Disney courses include a material fees ($14-$55) and/or textbook fees (typically $15-$100).
- Costs associated with visa application.