Our Executive MBA (EMBA) program was developed for rising professionals with a future in leadership roles, whether in a large corporation, an entrepreneurial venture or a privately owned business or organization. The program fits into your busy personal and business life and allows you to complete a general degree* in just 21 months by taking classes on alternate weekends. You and your fellow EMBAs progress through the exclusive program as a cohort of active learners and teammates, building a network that extends well beyond the classroom walls. Class meetings are conveniently scheduled on Friday evenings and Saturdays at our main campus in Montclair, just minutes away from New York City with easy access to public transportation. Three catered meals are provided at each weekend session.
Successful EMBA applicants have a minimum of 5 years of full-time work experience, a profile that indicates professional as well as academic proficiencies and potential, and strong recommendations from appropriate references. Here's more information about application requirements.
Program Features and Benefits:
A curriculum that reflects the realities of today’s global marketplace
- Focused, 1.5-credit courses in everything from project management to market analysis to corporate social responsibility enrich the classic business curriculum, giving you exposure to a wide range of contemporary topics and subjects.
Executive Leadership Sequence
- Our unique four-course Leadership sequence focuses on strategies for meeting the challenges of stewardship in today’s complex business environments. Topics include leadership insights, innovative problem solving, executive presence, and strategic team management. The courses build as an integrated experience that features individual leadership style assessment and feedback and applied design thinking techniques and challenges.
“View from the Top” Roundtable Discussions
- As an Executive MBA program participant, you will enjoy access to accomplished leaders from a variety of fields through informal interactive discussions over group meals, scheduled at regular intervals throughout the program. Students also work with the School’s Executives in Residence who offer advice and insights for success in approaching and tackling problems and opportunities.
- In year two, students work individually with executive coaches who have expertise in high-level performance and career management. The coaches assist in short- and long-term goal setting and positioning for future success. Students arrange sessions around their schedules and to complement the leadership sequence curriculum
Executive speaker series
- Through a series of executive speaker events, open to all MBA students, you will gain firsthand knowledge from top business leaders in the metropolitan New York/New Jersey region connecting classroom education to real leadership experience.
9 - 10 day executive-style international study trip
- Exploring dynamic world economies with knowledgeable faculty and fellow students provides you with an unforgettable and enriching experience. The international study trip focuses on the competitive, commercial, and the cultural components of the global marketplace. Accommodations and trip agendas are arranged specifically for Executive MBA program participants.
AACSB International Accreditation
- Less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned this hallmark of excellence in management education.