1. Why should I consider this program at Montclair State University?
Great question. Five reasons:
- This program is designed by skilled faculty with extensive industry experience in the field. Students gain a broad perspective of the applications of Human Resource Management skills.
- The program focuses on the areas of strategic planning, talent selection, HR analytics, global workforce management, and HRM contemporary topics.
- Participants can join SHRM student chapter on campus. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries.
- Participants receive a professional credential from an accredited university and school of business.
- If you decide to pursue the MBA program at Montclair State University after completing the Human Resource Management certificate, the certificate credits may also apply toward the MBA degree
2. My questions are related to career development in Human Recourse Management. Are there good sources to seek that information?
Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), Occupational Outlook Handbook for Human Resources Managers . Candidates with certificate or a master’s degree, particularly those with a concentration in human resources management, are likely to have excellent job prospects .
3. Where can I find more information about the courses in the certificate?
The main webpage for the program is here.
4. How are the courses offered – face-to-face, online, accelerated, hybrid?
With minor exceptions, all courses will be available online starting Spring 2018. Most of the courses will be offered twice a year. MGMT 562, Organizational Behavior, is often offered in both online and face-to-face formats (the latter at the Montclair State University campus).
5. What is the approximate time required to complete the certificate?
There are six, 1.5-credit courses in this certificate, and they are offered throughout the year. The program is designed to be completed in as few as 8 months. However, the actual time to completion depends on when you begin, your course sequence and the number of courses completed simultaneously.
6. Do I have to apply in order to be accepted into the Graduate Human Resource Management Certificate Program?
Yes, in order to be accepted for the Graduate Human Resource Management Certificate, you must apply online. The main prerequisite is a Bachelor’s Degree.
7. What credential do you receive upon successful completion of the certificate program?
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Human Resource Management Certificate, you will receive a certificate from Feliciano School of Business, Montclair State University.
8. What is the deadline for the application?
This program has rolling admissions, but our recommendation is to apply two to three months ahead of your preferred start term. The most logical start point is Fall (September) followed by Spring (January). The first class should be MGMT562.
9. What is the cost of the certificate program?
For the up-to -date information, click here
10. How do I apply for the certificate program?
Click here for the application.
11. Where should students go with more application questions?
12. Can international students on F-1 visa status apply for this certificate program alone?
International students on an F-1 visa are not eligible to be certificate students only, as the certificate is a part-time program. Students already admitted to or pursuing a Master’s degree program at the School of Business (MBA or MS in Business Analytics) are eligible to apply for and complete the certificate program simultaneously.
13. I have additional questions; how may I contact you?