The MS in Business Analytics Online program offered at Montclair State University is designed to meet the growing demand for business analytics professionals and prepare graduates to conduct planning, decision-making and operations using timely, fact-based insight and knowledge. The program is aimed at working professionals from technical or business backgrounds, who seek career advancement or change and need the flexibility of a 100% online program.
Students will gain competitive advantage with an industry-aligned curriculum, experiential learning opportunities, and access to a diverse network of experts and practitioners. Coursework emphasizes analytics skills for statistical/predictive modeling, and includes enterprise architecture, data visualization & management and data mining. Throughout the program, participants apply those skills in assessing real-world business problems and opportunities. Emphasis is placed on developing actionable solutions and recommendations, and effectively communicating results to business managers and other stakeholders. Students emerge with the strategic asset most companies are seeking: expertise in analyzing complex business challenges using appropriate data and up-to-date technology and tools.
Applicants to the Online MSBA program at Montclair State University may start the program in the Fall semester and complete it in as few as 20 months. Our 10 course/30 credit program is designed for structured part-time study; students enroll in one online 3-credit course in each 8-week term.
- 100% Online Coursework
- STEM-Designated Program
- Cohort-based, part-time format
- Includes applied learning opportunities with industry professionals
- Focus on business applications and acumen
Why Pursue Business Analytics at Montclair State University?
- The Feliciano School of Business is the “Most Innovative Business School in New Jersey” and the second-largest in the state
- AACSB-Accredited University
- The Feliciano School of Business is a recognized leader in online graduate offerings, ranked as #1 in NJ for its online MBA program (College Consensus 2019)
- The program is led and taught by expert faculty with outstanding academic qualifications and industry experience
- The curriculum is continuously reviewed and updated to ensure relevance in the marketplace
According Burtchwork’s study – Salaries of Data Scientists & Predictive Analytics Professionals, from June 2019, at least 94 percent of data scientists hold a master’s or PhD and 86 percent of PAPs hold a master’s or PhD. The study also found that salaries amongst professionals with advanced degrees were higher than those with only a bachelor’s.
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)*, employment of management analysts – including business analysts – is expected to grow 14% from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Hal Ravinder, Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (973) 655 7289
MSU - Feliciano School of Business, Room 458