The Professional Accounting Certificate Program combines theory and practical skill to prepare you for a successful transition into the accounting profession. Classroom learning is immediately transferable to the job and opens the opportunity for in-demand accounting positions in a wide variety of corporations, nonprofit institutions and in the public sector.
The Professional Accounting Certificate Program satisfies the NJ State Board requirement of 24 credits in accounting education. Please review the current requirements for the NJ CPA exam. The program is ideal for an undergraduate business major, who did not major in accounting, and who, sometime after graduation, has decided to pursue a career as a professional accountant. The program is a pathway towards our MS in Accounting degree. In addition, students pursuing an MBA, or who already earned an MBA, may be interested in this certificate if they decide to pursue the CPA license.
- 24 credits that can be completed within 18 months
- Full-time or part-time study options
- Evening classes held after 5:30 PM
- Rolling admissions
- No application fee for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
- 50% discount for the Becker CPA Review Course
- Professional Accounting Certificate graduates are eligible apply for the MS in Accounting regardless of their undergraduate academic background.
- All 24 Professional Accounting Certificate credits can be transferred into the 33-credit MS in Accounting program.
This certificate is a pathway, for non-accounting undergrads to pursue our MS in Accounting as an option.
Dr. James DiGabriele
Graduate Program Coordinator - Department of Accounting & Finance