Business Analytics (BA) seeks to prepare students and practicing business executives with the proficiencies needed to understand and navigate this specialized field.
Students and professionals completing this program will:
- Understand and appreciate the central role of analytics in being competitive in today’s business world.
- Understand and appreciate the key issues of collecting and managing big data.
- Be able to analyze the role of strategic information (systems) management in the new Big Data paradigm and recommend appropriate enterprise architecture.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and tools of business analytics for improving business decision making and organization performance.
- Understand the role of the development, applications and management of database systems for the purposes of performing business analytics in organizations.
- Participate in a real world collaborative project that addresses a live business problem using the analytical techniques learned in the program. Be able to understand and communicate the business implications of their analysis to interested stakeholders.