Drive Business Decisions With An Accounting Degree
A good accountant does more than crunch numbers. They keep business moving forward. Learn to develop the financial statements that drive business and devise strategies to improve the bottom line with a B.S. in Accounting from the Feliciano School of Business at Montclair State University.
Whether advising on financial systems and forecasts, interpreting and auditing financial statements, implementing business plans and analyzing overall corporate performance, accountants play a central role in any business. Become an accounting professional who can deliver the financial information to back solid business decisions and you’ll always be in demand.
- Additional auditing and taxation courses to improve your knowledge and topical coverage on professional exams and working in the accounting profession.
- New “Principles of Corporate Controllership” course which addresses what is expected of accounting professionals in the private industry.
- A senior seminar course where students solve real world situations through case studies and group projects.
- A discount on a CPA Review Course provided through a mandatory course fee assessed on most Accounting classes*. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
You’ll focus on real-world applications of accounting theories and principles and gain the skills you need to identify, analyze, interpret and disseminate financial information. Through our program’s combination of coursework, case studies and experiential opportunities, you’ll be able to analyze and solve budgetary and financial problems, use accounting for planning and control, conduct an audit, engage in tax planning and preparation, prepare for a career in public and corporate accounting, tax preparation, management accounting and financial consulting.
Connect with the business community
Our undergraduates gain valuable accounting experience through field trips, guest lectures and internships with a number of well-known companies, including:
- PKF O'Connor Davies LLP
- Marcum LLP
- Wiss & Co.
- WithumSmith & Brown
Graduates in Accounting have been recently hired by companies, including:
- Sax BST
- Quest Diagnostics
Department Administrator - Department of Accounting & Finance
Program Assistant – Department of Accounting & Finance
Dr. Deniz Appelbaum
Chair - Department of Accounting & Finance
*The accounting courses have a CPA review course fee. When a student graduates the CPA review course, the fee is paid in full. This fee is a substantial discount from the retail fee. Students can receive a refund on fees charged based on the following conditions:
- The student must leave the accounting program due to failure to maintain a 2.7 GPA overall or in the major and have less than 24 credits of accounting completed.
- Upon graduation, the student’s hiring company pays for the CPA review course. Documentation must be provided.