Accelerate Your Education With The Fast Track To A Successful Career
The 5-year degree program combines our BS and MS in Accounting programs.
The benefits of this program are:
- Students who choose this degree will have an advantage by being better prepared for their professional careers in a shorter timeframe
- Waiver of the GMAT exam for acceptance to the program
- Program will prepare students to become a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), as well as fulfill their required 150 credit hours of study
- Three graduate courses in the 4th year are billed at undergraduate pricing
You’ll focus on real-world applications of accounting theories and principles to gain the skills you need to identify, analyze, interpret and disseminate financial information. Through our program’s combination of coursework, case studies and experiential opportunities, you’ll be able to:
- Analyze and solve budgetary and financial problems
- Use accounting for planning and control
- Conduct an audit
- Engage in tax planning and preparation
- Prepare for a career in public and corporate accounting, tax preparation, management accounting, financial consulting
Students can apply to enter the undergraduate portion of the 5 Year program following the completion of 90 undergraduate credits. Students must have 21 of the 90 undergraduate credits pertaining to accounting. In the final semester of the undergraduate portion of the program, students must formally apply to The Graduate School for admission into the MS portion of the program. Students admitted in the 5 Year program are not expected to take the GMAT.
Applications will be reviewed once the following is verified:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Earned 90 credits
- Earned 21 Accounting credits
Courses Applicable to Both Degrees
Students are expected to complete 63 credits of business courses to earn a BS in Accounting (42 in accounting and 21 in business). In the 5 Year BS / MS in Accounting three graduate level courses will be applied to the undergraduate major for a total of 9 credits.
Courses Applied to Both Degrees
- ACCT 309 – Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 310 – Taxation of Business Entities
- ACCT 404 – Senior Seminar in Accounting
- ACCT 510 – Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 514 – Advanced Taxation for Accountants
- ACCT 542 – Contemporary Issues in Public Accountancy
Connect with the Business Community
Our undergraduates gain valuable accounting experience through field trips, guest lectures and internships with a number of well-known companies including,
- MTV Networks
- Wyndham Worldwide
- Wiss & Co.
Acting Co-Chair - Department of Accounting & Finance